Thursday, October 29, 2009

Major in the "things that suck" category- I just got knocked the fuck out.

So, I have what amounts to a sick fantasy hockey team. Miller, Doughty, Kopitar (AKA my reasons for caring about the Kings this year since their individual success = my success), Myers, Wolski, and some other folks have kept this year interesting. Last year at this time, my fantasy team was struggling because... oh yeah, EVERYONE was getting hurt. But I was actually first in the league!

That is, until this morning.

It was bad enough the Canes lost (I lost feed a couple of times, so I couldn't watch the whole game but got score updates). But to add insult to injury, David Perron- who the second place fellow in my league has- scored three points. Also, he has Fleury, who let in a goal in a 6-1 win where- you guessed it, he has Crosby too. And Crosby got a hat trick. And while Miller had a great game, and Wolski had a goal, none of my other players did much of anything- and I am now #2.

At least my guys are healthy. Knock on wood. Poor Rachel has had a smorgasbord of problems with her fantasy team (see: Marc Savard and David Booth), and I fear every morning that Wolski will get the swine flu or Kopitar will break a leg. Oh well, it's just a game, right? RIGHT?

Later, kids.

No comments: