Friday, September 11, 2009

Come along and ride on a fantastic voyage

Seven days until I get to see my first hockey of the season... in North Carolina! It's going to be weird opening up the season watching a game down there, since in my 24 years that has never happened, but it should be fun nonetheless. The gameplan-

Thursday 9/17

Sabres practice- 10AM- 12:30PM. Then taking the rail to the Greyhound station. Sitting on a bus for NINETEEN AND A HALF HOURS.

Friday 9/18

Arrive in NC at 9:30 AM. Practice at 10 (that was my idea, don't worry). Sleep for a few hours because the odds of me sleeping on a bus ride of that length are pretty damn bad. Hurricanes/Predators at 7.

I'm pretty pumped. And I get to see the Sabres before I leave, so that serves to be a good time. And I get to see two different practices in two days, so that's... interesting? I don't know how awake I will be for Canes practice, because of the lack of sleep and the fact I have three transfers after midnight, but I'm gonna suck it up.

This season is going to kick some major ass.

Also, Dany Heatley to the Sharks is NOT A TRADE YET. ESPN, NHL.com, the blogosphere, please get your panties and tighty whites out of the bunch they're in because it hasn't happened. And why would you trust ESPN anyway with hockey? I mean, my guess is that if it came out of ESPN, it's a rumor created due to the fact that Barry Melrose and Matthew Barnaby were bored. I dunno. When it happens, I will comment, just like with the Drew Stafford business. But it hasn't. So I won't. End.

Lots of work the next few days before I leave, so I might not be able to do much writing. But I'll let you know how NC is. Later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, you must have the best chauffeur that is willing to pick you up and drive you around Raleigh that early in the day! ; )

It will be a fun time..the RBC is a blasty blast.

Rachel said...

You have no idea how jealous I am that you're going to the game. I have to wait until November (!) for my first live hockey of the season.