Saturday, September 12, 2009

NOW that it's official, I hate the Sharks.

So, the trade I refused to comment on has now finally come to fruition, minus Los Angeles.

Ottawa Senators trade:
Speed Racer Dany Heatley
Fifth round pick in 2010

to San Jose Sharks for:
Milan Michalek
Jonathan Cheechoo
2nd round pick in 2010

Now, on paper this looks like a win for the Sharks. I think this will end up working better for Ottawa, though. Cheechoo, I believe, will benefit from a change of scenery- and working with Alfie and Spezza won't hurt either. I think that Michalek though will thrive in Ottawa-not that he needs any help, he has three straight 20+ goal seasons and is merely 25. He's a very consistent player, and I think he's going to do well with the players around him like he did in San Jose. I'm a lot more worried to play Ottawa this season now, I'll tell you that much. Though I can only hurl insults at Heatley once this year, which is kind of depressing in a way. Oh well, that's a benefit of NHL Center Ice, and being a Flames fan. I get to yell at him as much as possible! YAY!

The Sabres held their PuckDrop today. I didn't go since I have to make money for North Carolina and was working, but from what I hear TimCo looks pretty good this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he stays healthy-while I don't like him, I do like his point production. And I think anyone would agree that points do help you win games, right? Correct.

I actually hope this year that the Habs end up like the early 2000's Rangers, where they sign all these awesome players and suck ridiculously. I'm almost excited thinking of it right now, and game one hasn't been played! Sorry, Steve, I just hate the Canadiens.

Hmmmmmm... I can't think of much else. Six days until my first hockey of the year. I am getting antsy. I'll probably update again Monday after I get up ridiculously early to watch practice. My one day off this week and they have to practice at 7:30 in the AM? Thanks, guys.

DONE.

No comments: