Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blog Pt. I- The Sabres.

Dear Buffalo Sabres,

I was really kind of sad/pissed off/in need of mass alcoholic consumption after Saturday night's... I don't even know how to describe that. Spectacle? Vulgar display of failure? I don't know. It was fucking bad. To recap, you lost by fucking FIVE GOALS to the Isles. Oh wait, I dedicated part of the below blog to it. Read that shit.

So you might understand, Sabres, that I was a little hesitant going into Wednesday's matchup. I was stuck working the mall AGAIN like I was Saturday, you were playing the Islanders again, Doug Allen didn't sing the National Anthem (I forgot he didn't sing it on Wednesday, which made me sad, but I sang the Canadian anthem out loud at work anyway whilst up on a ladder sizing dress pants). The odds were- oh wait, the Islanders. You guys FINALLY REMEMBERED you were playing the Islanders. Something clicked. And once Derek Roy finally added a number in the G column, I knew. I just knew we had to win. And then Tom scored- surprise there, he did that quite a few times last year- and then Goose scored, and if I had to pick one way to seal a win, I'd choose that. But you shut out the Islanders, Ryan. You said, "Hey guys, remember last time? Savor that, because I'm coming in here like fucking Patrick Swayze in 'Roadhouse' and I'm gonna mess you up something fierce." And then, he did.

So yeah, it's just a win. And they're just the Islanders. But I'm really proud of the way you guys played last night, not letting the epically large fucking failure that was Saturday weigh you down.

Love, Michael.

P.S.- Thank you so much, Hockey Gods, for allowing J-Ho to come up to (possibly) play this weekend. Very much appreciated. :)

No comments: