Friday, November 6, 2009

The most epic of fails- 11.6.09

So here's the recap-

The Sabres lost to the Flyers. 5-2. Tyler Myers scored, and hell Derek Roy scored AGAIN. But this time, we just looked like shit all across the board. But our losses have been only a few, so I'm not going to bitch this evening about the Sabres.

Which is great, because the fucking Leafs ended up beating the Canes.

I checked the score two times. 2-0 Canes after one, 2-2 tie after two. I didn't even want to know what happened after that, because I pretty much knew what the hell was about to happen- and that, what was about to happen was a completely epic fail. I guess normally one would say, "Well, Canes, looks like there's nowhere to go here but up."

Except that's a true fact when- oh, yeah- YOU ARE IN LAST PLACE.

I just... really, guys? I mean, that's great you played the first 20 minutes. Here's the problem- there's sixty. That's right, three periods make a game. This might be hard to comprehend since it seems these days you're only interested in playing a period (or sometimes, even less) but seriously, if you stop playing hard and scoring goals, the other team will catch up to you. No no, it's true! I mean, you have to be attentive and alert the whole shift. No turning over the puck, no practically gift-wrapping goals by passing directly to the other team, no more weak glove side PLEASE.

I'm not going to sugarcoat this- this team looks like crap right now. And all the Boychuks and Sutters in the world (and there's a ton of Sutters, believe you me- they'll even take Bruce at this point) aren't going to do a damn thing when you aren't playing the game of hockey correctly. So whether it be by trade, waiver wire (Jussi Jokinen anyone?), Tom Barrasso beating the shit out of everyone on the team with nunchucks, I don't care. DO SOMETHING. PLEASE.

And make that SOMETHING winning a game. Because Jesus, 11 in a row? Your fans deserve better.

/rant.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

:(

I don't have any other words.