Saturday, November 21, 2009

My, My, Mister Danny Pie

Yeah, I'm pretty clever when I need to be.

So tonight, I went with my friend Kristina to the Sabres/Bruins game. It was Daniel Paille's first game back in Buffalo after being traded from the Sabres to the Bruins a few weeks back. This was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to this game. But surprisingly, in what can only be described as insanely ironic, guess who was pictured on tonight's ticket?



WEEEEIRD.

Lo and behold, much like numerous other Sabres/Bruins games I've been to before, we lost. Come to think of it, we are something like 1-6-2 with a tie or two thrown in when I've seen them play, but the LAST one I went to we won in OT (on a Clarke MacArthur goal, if memory serves me correctly). No such luck, as we lost this one in OT 2-1. Had to be that jackass ginormous oaf Chara scoring the goal (Sorry Zdeno, but I'd like you much more if you weren't constantly playing for teams I despise) in OT. But FAHHHKIN LOOCH (aka Milan Lucic) scored the Bruins regulation goal, and anyone who knows me knows how I love the Looch. And Goose scored for the Sabres! I think it was just Bad Asses Scoring Night at HSBC Arena. I also was pretty disappointed with both the large number of Bruins fans in our section and the fact that during the second period we took a bunch of crap penalties and decided we'd take a whole THREE SHOTS. I think in the third, we had three shots in the first two minutes. No joke. Anyway, we play Ottawa tomorrow night. I'm praying Lalime doesn't play but at this point, I think we should let him play A game, because then we can have fresh things to bitch about. :)

The Canes won AGAIN. They took a SO win against Toronto last night, which really isn't too much considering Toronto is the only team that sucks worse than the Canes right now. But for those who didn't hear about it, here's what happened (via highlights I watched of the beginning- since I was at work, and watching the rest online)- Canes go down 3-0 after one. At this point I check the score and want to put my head through the wall. Score two in the second. I get excited. I get home, and it's 4-2 and I'm thinking, great. A freaking loss to Bore-onto. Then Tim Gleason comes out like a freight train (I saw from here on) and scored two in roughly four minutes and bam, tie game. So it's 4-4 and there's about forty-five seconds left, and I go upstairs for A MINUTE so I don't burn the house down making dinner. I come back, and it's OT. At 5-5. I am puzzled. Ian White had scored with exactly 30 seconds left to make it 5-4 Toronto, and then Erik Cole scored with three effin' seconds left to make it 5-5. Then shootout, with goals by Ruutu and Jokinen, and another win. I think this is going to do wonders for their confidence- hopefully they can overtake the Islanders soon.

And the Flames... uh... got killed last night. I got home and they were losing by about four so I just went back out. haha

And that's it. Sabres play the Caps, Flyers and Canes next week. Sabres/Canes should be interesting- you can find me in Section 109 with my friend Stephanie in my Lindy Ruff jersey. Should you be there, say hello!

To cap this off, I must state this for the good of the blog. This week, I went to my new favorite sports memorabilia purchasing center, First And Goal on Niagara Falls Blvd. I bought many a neat item- a newspaper from Gilbert Perreault's retirement, a Sabres "Crunch Towel" from god knows how long aback, and the highlight- in tribute to the blog- this poster.




That's the man himself, Mike Foligno, on the left. My wall = HAS MORE MIKE FOLIGNO. And add in some Dave Andreychuk and John Tucker and you've got the BUFFALO SABRES TOP GUNS (circa 1986 when this poster was made, apparently haha).

Now that this blog has more Mike Foligno, I'm out. Later!

No comments: